Visitor Visa  

Visitor Visa 

Visitor Visa is for those who are visiting Australia for site-seeing, vacation, resident relative, recreational activities, etc. Also, one can take a visitor visa for short term business negotiations, attending a conference or seminar, examinations, etc.

What are the different categories?

Different categories of Visitor Visa are as follows:

Visitor Visa (Subclass 600) 

Visitor Visa can be divided into:

  • Tourist Stream (in or outside Australia): For vacation, vising family and friends and recreational purposes
  • Business Visitor stream: For all business related visits
  • Sponsored Family Stream: For visitors who are sponsored by their family member to visit and meet them in Australia.

The duration of this visa can be 3, 6 or 12 months and has two subclasses further:

  • The eVisitor (subclass 651) which is free and you must have the passport of a specific country listed by the Department of Home Affairs.
  • The Electronic Travel Authority (Subclass 601) will be issued if you have the passport of a specific country listed by the Department of Home Affairs but not for free.

Special Program Visa (Subclass 416)  

When there is an invitation to a special program organized in Australia, then this visa will be sanctioned. The main motive of this Visa is to improve the relationship with other countries and have a cultural exchange.

Medical Treatment Visa (Subclass 602)  

This visa will allow anyone from other countries to visit Australia to take consultations on some health issues or for treatment, for supporting someone who has this visa and needs medical treatment or for donating an organ.

Transit Visa (Subclass 771) 

This is when you or your dependents are passing through (transit) Australia which is valid for 72 hours.